Motion Control (MC) is a sub-field of automation, encompassing the systems or sub-systems involved in moving parts of machines in a controlled manner.
Letico’s “know-how” in motion-control applications pools together our integration, electrical, and software experiences to design and implement high performance motion based solutions that help our Clients in developing their “state-of-the art” machines.
Examples of the designs implemented utilizing servo motion controls:
- Horizontal Flow Wrappers film positioning, end crimp cut and seal (3 servos)
- Product Face Feeder for Wrapper (2 servos)
- Cheese Cutter “on the fly” (2 servos)
- Accumulation Conveyors Buffer (7 servos)
- Cracker Feeder Electronic Cam (1 servo)
- Volume Fill for cheese singles (1 servo)
Machine vision (MV) is the technology and methods used to enable a computing device to inspect, evaluate and identify still or moving image.
In many of our industrial automation systems, the machine vision is utilized as a feedback device providing necessary data for closed loop control and further evaluation.
Examples of designs implemented utilizing vision:
- Cheese Cut to Volume (single 3D camera with continuous “on-the-fly” implementation)
- Cheese Cut to Volume (2 camera implementation)
- End of Line Product verification (Bar Code inspection)